WolFCrafT

Game on, minecrafters!

Forums

Forum Home > General > My apologies, everyone

TheShinyLuxray
Administrator

So I had already made a post about this but apparently it failed to post. So, a TL;DR version of my previous post, because I really dont want to type it out again, especially because I have the flu. Basically, Minecraft is a dying game, so instead of trying to keep a dying game, alive, I decided to say Fuck it and go with a community Discord instead. Well, I didn't decide to, Toppur just kinda made one. I had been toying with the idea for a while and he just gave me the final shove...., Without realizing it. So whenever I have the chance, Im going to talk top Toppur into giving me admin rights so I can work on it, as I've run 3 servers before and know what Im doing. Im not saying he doesnt, but what I mean is even though we are moving on from Minecraft, I am still technically the owner and would like the rights to do with it as I please. When I can, Ill be giving a link to the discord, but until then, the link is floating somewhere on the forums. If you dont know what Discord is, imagine Teamspeak, but make it more user friendly. Something that's free, easier to use, and is more community friendly. As much as it pains me to say this, Minecraft is done for. Some day, we may return, but that is very doubtful. Ill be checking this thread every 1-3 days, so if you have any questions, just let me know!

--

Add me on skype if you need anything or have any questions! :) TheShinyLuxray

{[Owner]} of the WolFCraft communtiy!

January 26, 2017 at 3:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain_Woof

I wouldn't say Minecraft is a dying game... i thought it was, but in the last year or so updates have been becoming somewhat frequent again. There's some reasoning behind this - long story - but I wouldn't say dead at all...

However, Minecraft on this forumn is another story... :P

Also, do you have the ability to edit this website? If so, why not add the Discord link on the front page? Since I'm pretty sure that the server IP there isn't 100% functional anymore. Also, it wont get lost there either. XD

-Woofles eating Waffles over and out!

--

-Woof [Server Admin, doggy from the 'olden days]

January 27, 2017 at 5:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TheShinyLuxray
Administrator

Frequent updates = / = alive. The company is still working on updates but people are moving on. Anyway, I will be updating the forums with the discord link soon cause I still have the flu and am super lazy. xD

--

January 27, 2017 at 6:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain_Woof

I know frequent updates is not equal to alive, but if you look at statistics,the PC sales are still steady and the mobile sales are actually increasing. Like I said - long story. Antvenom made a vid on it a little while back.

Anyways, lets not get into discussion about that. As long as there is a small community and a couple of updates in a while, I don't mind too much that the rest is moving on. XD

--

January 28, 2017 at 4:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheShinyLuxray
Administrator

Ahh, I was not aware of that info. It's just I never see anyone on. It use to be you would hear of all these great, new, fresh servers, and lately I've heard nothing. I guess Im just looking for the wrong data. Nevertheless, server is still done for, and we're moving on. 

--

January 28, 2017 at 2:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain_Woof

Sadly, I was expecting this...

Anyways, what's the rest up to nowadays... if you're still here?

--

January 29, 2017 at 4:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

TheShinyLuxray
Administrator

Toppur, hrone (Now known as JJ), and I are all in the discord. They seem to be the only other people. Sadly. 

https://discord.gg/2TpczTe is the link. Will be updated to the front page soon.

--

January 29, 2017 at 5:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nicholas

To anyone who cares Astroneer is a great (pre-alpha) game.

--

So i just type my sig here?

January 29, 2017 at 11:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain_Woof

Astroneer does seem like a great game! I'm still waiting a bit for a few big bugs to go away (*cough* rovers falling through the floor *cough*) and some more content to be added, but then that would be a real nice game!

Also, nice to see you still around! :D

--

January 30, 2017 at 4:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Homagog134

I'm almost glad it's done for right now. We've been hanging on to this damn server for almost half a decade (at least for me, nicholas, and others), and the idea that you've been doing this for so long was almost stressful to watch.

I actually genuinely don't want to play Minecraft anymore. It's literally cost me a grade score, and I could be in a higher math class rn if I didn't bugger about in this game. With others, I can moderate better.

If y'all ever want to see me again, my xbox gamertag is Societal Mistep, and my Skype is "homagog". Not quite as fond of that name as I used to be, but whatever.

On xbox, I play Destiny, Battlefield 1, and For Honor when the game comes out.

That's enough from this lad.

February 12, 2017 at 3:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain_Woof

In that case, farewell!

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't want to play MC because it's too good? XD nice...

Anyways, I guess this is goodbye for now!

--

February 14, 2017 at 4:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.